Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Update on Socks and such




I just realised that I never posted the finished pair of socks. How rude! Sorry, so here they are. Yay! I am so glad to have finished something that I can wear. This time they were made from acrylic and the next time (now that I know what I'm doing) I will make them from wool.






I am nearly finished with my pair of wrist warmers from this pattern. I took a risk and decided to try and knit with my own hand-spun, inconsistent as it may be! This is so much fun to make something almost entirely from scratch (well I didn't sheer the sheep or card the wool myself!). I did most of it, the dying and the spinning and the knitting by hand.



I had to play around with the gague a lot because my yarn is thick and thin. I decrease the cast on stitches to 36 intead of 40. I probably could have gone with even less. The first one in the picture above is a little loose, not to bad, but would have preferred a tighter fit. the second it coming out just right. They knit up quite fast so maybe I'll just unravel this one and do it again.

1 comment:

Living Inspired said...

Hi, I saw your comment on Uncommon Grace, and clicked on your name since I recognize that someone with the name of "Bina" must be Jewish. It's fun to see other religious Jews out there blogging and crafting. BTW, I lived in RBS from 2001-2003 on Nachal Revivim. Small world.